How to make sure a table is accessible
Add headers to a new table
Specify a header row in a new block of cells you are marking as a table.
1. Select the cells you want to include in the table.
2. On the Insert tab, in the Tables group, select Table.
3. Select the My table has headers check box.
4. Select OK.
Excel creates a header row with the default names Column1, Column2, and so on
5. Type new, descriptive names for each column in the table.
Use headers in an existing table
Specify a header row in a block of cells marked as a table.
1. Position the cursor anywhere in a table.
2. On the Table Tools Design tab, in the Table Style Options group, select the Header Row check box.
3. Type column headings.
Check for other potential issues
To make sure tables don’t contain split cells, merged cells, nested tables, or completely blank rows or columns, use the Accessibility Checker built into Excel.