Most of us use a word processor every day, but not all documents are created equal.
Using features built into MS Word, we can start creating accessible documents everyone can easily and efficiently read.
How to do this
By understanding and using three basic concepts:
- Logically structured headings
- Built-in tools that create structure
- Image descriptions
By using these concepts, you will make a world of difference to people who use assistive technology to access your documents.
- Preliminary Information: Understanding Screen Readers
- Concept 1: Creating Logically Structured Headings
- Concept 2: Using Built-in Tools to Create Structure
- Concept 3: Making Graphics and Images Accessible