Low and Hi-Tech: Reading, writing and access to information
In today’s world, we all need to read, write, and access information.
This module will give you an introduction to some hi- and low-tech devices that allow people who have a visual impairment to go about their daily lives, whether it is reading the daily newspaper sitting on their favorite chair, learning about a different country before a once-in-a-lifetime trip, or using their math skills at work in order to take care of a customer.
This module will also help you realize the tremendous impact the American Printing House for the Blind has had in shaping the technology that exists in the world today. And now you will become part of its history!
- A Bit of APH History, opens in a new window
- Reading and Writing, opens in a new window
- Math and Science, opens in a new window
- Tactile Images and Graphs, opens in a new window
- Audio Information, opens in a new window